White chocolate and raspberry is a popular flavour match and loved by many. This slice is a little creation of mine that I made with some leftover ingredients. The use of freeze-dried raspberries adds a burst of flavour and jazz’s up a basic no bake slice. This recipe works well doubled if you have a few mouths to feed.
- 200g condensed milk
- 100g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g superwine biscuits, crushed
- 1/4 cup white chocolate buttons
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried raspberries (I use Fresh As)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 250g white chocolate (I use Whittakers), roughly chopped
- 20g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- Handful freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
Line and your slice pan with baking paper.
Gently heat condensed milk, butter and vanilla extract in a saucepan, stirring until butter has melted.
In a large bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, freeze-dried raspberries, chocolate buttons and macadamia nuts. Make a well in the centre and pour in the liquid. Mix together until combined. Press firmly into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
To make icing, place chocolate and remaining butter in a heat-proof bowl and microwave on medium power for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring gently until combined. Spread on the base. Sprinkle with crushed freeze-dried raspberries. Refrigerate until set.
Bring back to room temperature then cut into squares and serve.