This recipe is my go to curry and packed full of flavour. You can add what ever protein you like however I find either chicken or fish works best. If using fish I like to use monkfish as it is a meaty fish and holds its shape well.
- 1 Tbsp rice oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 10 Tbsp of homemade green curry paste (about 10 ice-cubes of your frozen paste)
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 1 can coconut cream
- 5 skinless boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Basmati rice
- Fresh herbs, coriander or basil are great
- Unsalted peanuts or cashews
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat a wok pan and add the oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook on a medium heat until they go clear. Add the curry paste and cook off the spices.
Add coconut cream and chilli to pan. Once simmering add in the chicken thighs and cook until cooked. Lastly add beans and peas.
Serve on rice with fresh herbs, peanuts and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver