This curry paste is packed full of herbs and adds great flavour to any curry. When coriander and basil are in season I will make this paste and freeze into ice cube trays. This way I can pull out a couple of cubes and add to coconut milk for an instant fragrant curry.
- 6 spring onions
- 4-6 medium green chillies,
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp lemongrass
- 2 good handfuls of fresh basil on stem
- 3 good handfuls of coriander on stem
- 3 tbsp extra virgin-olive oil
- zest and juice of 4 limes
Put all ingredients in a food processor and whizz to a smooth green paste. Either use fresh that night as the base to your favourite curry or spoon into clean ice trays and freeze for a couple of hours. Once hardened pop cubes out and place in a ziplock bag and re-freeze until required.
This recipe is great with chicken thighs or monk fish.
Serve with basmati rice, fresh coriander and pistachio nuts.
Recipe from Jamie Oliver