This is a delicious honey mustard chicken bake that is very easy to make. The hardest part of this dish is waiting for the thing to cook.
- 1/6 cup of wholegrain mustard
- 1/6 cup smooth dijion mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsps extra virgin olive oil or whatever you have
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 – 4 small sprigs of fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 200ºC.
In a small bowl combine the mustards, honey, vinegar and 2 teaspoons of the oil.
In a frypan heat the last tsp of oil. Saute the onion until clear then add the garlic. Cook for a minute or so.
Transfer onion and garlic to a baking dish. Add chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper then pour over the sauce mix. Add the rosemary sprigs to the dish.
Bake covered in the oven for 20 minutes. Baste the sauce over the breasts then uncover and bake for a further 20-30 minutes until golden and chicken is cooked through.
Serve on a mash with green vegetables. I served this one with a pumpkin and kumara mash but next time I would serve it with a basic potato and parmesan mash so that the mustard chicken shines.
Adapted from Good Life Eats