This raw salad is something special. Great for a casual summer barbeque or even on its own for a weekday lunch. It is very summery and full of flavour. Note pomegranate molasses should be available at your local specialty food store. Enjoy!
- 500g beetroot raw, peeled & grated
- 700g carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup crasins (dried cranberries)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 juicy orange)
- zest of one orange
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
To prepare the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well to combine.
To prepare the salad, in a large serving bowl, combine the beetroot, carrot, mint, crasins, seeds and salt and mix.
Pour dressing over the salad – toss again when ready to serve.
Recipe can be doubled if feeding the masses.