Peanut butter and chocolate is an ace combo. This recipe combines my favourite brownie recipe with addition of Whittakers Peanut Butter Chocolate. It is a great twist on a classic chocolate brownie.
- 150g unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate (I use Whittakers 50% Dark)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy but either would work)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (70g) ground almond
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 250g block Whittakers Peanut Butter Chocolate, broken into squares
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Grease your slice pan and line with baking paper.
Melt butter, dark chocolate and peanut butter in a double boiler over a low heat. Stir in sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
Stir in eggs, then sifted almond and flour, sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the sifted cocoa. Add the peanut butter chocolate and spread mixture into pan.
Bake brownies for about 45 minutes, they should not wobble but will still be soft in the centre. Cool in pan before cutting into squares.
Makes around 25 (depending on size).