This wee gem is perfect salad to take for work lunches or can be used to compliment your BBQ spread. The addition of the jalapeno’s adds another kick along with the chorizo which is just how my house likes it. This salad keeps really well and the flavours just keep intensifying. Enjoy!
- 2 cups orzo pasta (aka risoni), uncooked
- 8 chorizo sticks, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 10 black kalamata olives, sliced
- 80g mixed jalapeno’s, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of basil, chopped
- juice and zest of one large lemon
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 200g feta, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to season
Cook orzo pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes until al dente. Once cooked run through cold water and drain. Set aside.
Quickly fry off chorizo in a heated pan for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
Add all ingredients into a large bowl and gently stir to combine. Store in fridge in an airtight container until needed. Will last up to 5 days.
Makes one very large salad. Enough for 4 people for dinner and leftovers for lunch.