This is the ultimate Friday night in with the boys kind of meal. It is super easy to make and goes a long way. Very easy to scale this recipe up or down depending on how many people are around to feed. Also it is an awesome way to use up leftover roast chicken.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 dried chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 350g shredded chicken from deli section of your local supermarket
- 1 can spicy chilli beans
- 1 can salsa (or 2 fresh tomatoes chopped, 2 tbsp jalapenos, 1/4 chopped green pepper)
- 1 packet corn chips (or toasted pita’s for a healthy alternative)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 100g sour cream
- coriander to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200ºC.
Add oil to a pan and bring to a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook slowly until onions are clear.
Meanwhile place chilli beans in bowl and put in microwave for 2 minutes.
Add shredded chicken, chilli beans and salsa to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes so that the flavours combine and the chicken heats up.
Place corn chips into a baking dish. Layer chicken mixture over then top with grated cheese. Bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted.
Serve with avocado, sour cream and coriander and a cold beer 😉
Note can swap out corn chips for cooked wedges.